“We had been shooting so hard for the month previous, and that day we had been shooting for 13 or 14 hours,” Wilson says, “When they called, ‘And that’s a wrap on the television show The Office,’ I just burst into tears. At the same time, I felt relief and exultant joy. I compare it to V-J Day in Times Square, where it was like that photograph of that sailor kissing that girl and hats being thrown in the air. It’s a celebration but it’s also exhausting.”
Want to work out with a buddy? Try some of these exercises:
- Handclap plank - both starting off on the ground, raise yourselves up with one arm and slap hands, alternating each time.
- V-sit side touch & pass - never declining and holding the v sit, twist and touch both sides and then pass the mediball off to your partner. Both must always twist and touch.
- Mediball crunch - get your partner to stand over you and lock your feet into their legs. Crunch up, pass the mediball to them and come back down, then crunch up and grab the mediball again, repeat.
- Crunch & stand - Crunch and using your core stand up, throw two punches when you reach the top, then lower yourself back down. Make sure your partner gives you a slight pull on your legs when you’re coming up!
Have fun with these!
“We did a screen test and so, they brought in cameras, and then there were four Jims and four Pams, and we got mix-and-matched. Every time I was matched with John, it was so easy and it just was so natural. On the second day, of auditions he leaned over to me and he said, ‘You’re my favorite Pam.’ And I said, ‘You’re my favorite Jim! Oh my gosh! I hope we both get it!’ So, when they called me and said that I got the role, I said, ‘Who’s Jim? Please say John Krasinski.’ They said, ‘Yes, it’s John Krasinski.’ And I knew. I started to cry and I knew that the two of us together… I couldn’t be Pam without him. He’s my Jim. He just is.”
This machine allows anyone to work for minimum wage for as long as they like. Turning the crank on the side releases one penny every 4.97 seconds, for a total of $7.25 per hour. This corresponds to minimum wage for a person in New York. This piece is brilliant on multiple levels, particularly as social commentary. Without a doubt, most people who started operating the machine for fun would quickly grow disheartened and stop when realizing just how little they’re earning by turning this mindless crank. A person would then conceivably realize that this is what nearly two million people in the United States do every day…at much harder jobs than turning a crank. This turns the piece into a simple, yet effective argument for raising the minimum wage.
Girls, when you’re feeling sad, just remember:
- a vagina can go back to it’s original size after taking something 20x its size
- a penis will end up looking like an empty potato sack that’s been run over quite a lot if it does
you can do this girl
be as resilient as your vagina
shine bright like a ‘gina
so shine bright
you and I
we’re beautiful vagina in the sky